phone: +48 502 714 144
I am advocate, certified mediator and lecturer. For over 10 years I have been advising clients in tax, financial and commercial law as well as medical law and white collar crime. I speak fluent English and German.
I have gained my experience in the biggest multinational law firms in Warsaw and London, such as – Linklaters, Gide Loyrette Nouel, Squire Patton Boggs and the consulting firm EY. I led plenty of projects both forforeign and Polish clients, many times cross-borderin several jurisdictions at the same time.
I have graduated law at University of Warsaw (Summa Cum Laude) and finance and banking at Warsaw School of Economics as well as post-graduate studies “Medical law and bioethics” at Jagiellonian University. I was awarded with scholarship of Ministry of Science and Higher Education for outstanding achievements in science. I have studied also law at University of Konstanz in Germany within Erasmus Mundus Scholarship.
I am member of the Polish branch of the International Fiscal Association and Young IFA Network, the Association of Tax Law PhD Students and the Congress of Women Association
I am co-chairman and founderof the Tax Law Section at the Warsaw BarChamber, whereI conduct tutorials with legal trainees in tax and administrative law. I also provide legal and tax trainings for privatecompanies and public institutions.
I am certified mediator at the Mediation Center of the Polish Bar Council and the District Court in Warsaw. I run mediations in Polish, English and German. My specialization is civil, commercial and labour mediation. I am a member of the Arbitration and Mediation Section at the Warsaw Bar Chamber.
I have authored a numberof publications andcommentaries on taxationand controversial legalissues in daily press:„Rzeczpospolita”,„Dziennik Gazeta Prawna”, „Personel i zarządzanie”,Gazeta Finansowa”,wiadomoscihandlowe.pl.
In 2017 I was entered on to the list of the German-speaking Polish legal advisors maintained by the German Embassy in Warsaw.
- advising a telecommunications operator on recovery of real estate tax overpayment in 600 communities all over Poland, the effectiveness of tax recovery approx. 95 %;
- representing clients intax litigation at all stages including tax inspections, enforcement proceedings, administrative courts and National Supreme Court
- achieving favourable outcome before the Supreme Administrative Court confirming right of the branch to refund VAT in relation to the services rendered to headquarter
- representing clients in criminal fiscal proceedings;
- conducting tax litigation regarding VAT refund fraud;
- advising during negotiations of an agreement between two mobile operators for sharing of radio access networks and setting up joint venture managing and expanding both operators’ networks. The transaction was one of the largest joint ventures ever undertaken in Poland and one of few radio access network sharing schemes in the world
- advising on tax structuring of inherited estate of an individual (including assets based outside of Poland)
- comprehensive tax due diligence, in particular in the telecommunications sector
- current tax and legal advice to companies (including hot-line, tax legal opinions, tax ruling requests, reporting obligations)
- conducting internal trainings for client’s employees
- advising on the implementation of technological relief in connection with a purchase of new IT systems in several banks
- conducting litigation with NFZ (National Health Fund) regarding refund for doctors and medical institutions
- advising on public procurement in medical business (including hospital)